Enhancing quality of education through digital transformation and education facilities improvement: pilot project in ATU Gagauzia
|Duration:||2020 – 2023|
|Beneficiariaries:||Teachers, boys and girls studying in 46 schools in ATU Gagauzia, as well as their parents|
|Focus Area:||Inclusive Growth|
|Partners:||Executive Committee ATU Gagauzia, Ministry of Education|
|See more information about the project on the transparency portal.|
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to advancing the quality of education system in the Republic of Moldova through a pilot project conducted in 46 schools in ATU Gagauzia. The pilot will focus on facilitating a smooth and efficient learning process through the implementation of the e-learning approach in ATU Gagauzia and consists of two main components:
- Ensuring the presence of the basic (hard and soft) ICT infrastructure and connectivity;
- Enhancing the learning content and teaching methodology;
- Improve the school infrastructure in order to create modern and safe learning spaces.
- Support schools in the pilot region to become more resilient and ensure business continuity in crisis situations, so to continue providing quality education both in-class and/or online;
- Ensure equal access to education for all students, especially the most vulnerable, by providing access to appropriate ICT equipment and Internet connectivity;
- Improve the quality of education by training teachers on selecting and using appropriate ICT tools and adapting the educational content and methods depending on the teaching medium;
- Increase the attractiveness of STEM disciplines among students and girls in particular;
- Improve the sanitary conditions in at least one school and raise awareness on the importance of correct sanitation practices.
- Pupils, including from vulnerable groups, and teachers in ATU Gagauzia schools have access to ICT devices and internet connection during academic periods;
- Teachers of at least one curricular discipline are able to critically assess, select, and use appropriate ICT tools for blended and online teaching, adapting teaching techniques correspondingly;
- Digital educational materials for at least one curricular discipline are developed;
- The education management platform is selected, adopted and used by at least 40% of pupils, teachers, parents, and school administrations in ATU Gagauzia;
- Renovate the sanitation facilities in at least one school and raise awareness around the importance of personal sanitary practices.
- 46 schools were endowed with interactive ICT equipment such as laptops, smartboards, projectors, interactive boards, portable STEM laboratory devices and tablets, to facilitate the modernization of the educational process;
- 55 ICT devices are available to be borrowed from schools by pupils from vulnerable families in order to connect to online classes;
- School management system www.studii.md, adopted by all schools from Gagauzia, was upgraded to include 2 much needed modules: school statistics for school administrators, and homework module, which will facilitate homework submission, grading, feedback;
- More than 130 teachers who teach science disciplines (mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, computer science, geography) have been trained in digital pedagogy and 50 teachers of physics and chemistry were trained in the use of PocketLabs for teaching.