EU Innovative Action for Private Sector Competitiveness in Georgia
The “EU Innovative Action for Private Sector Competitiveness in Georgia” is a joint initiative of the European Union and four UN Agencies – United Nation Development Programme (UNDP), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) and International Organization for Migration (IOM). The initiative responds to the objectives set out in the Annual Action Programme 2017 for Economic and Business Development in Georgia and supports one of the three components of the Programme: Enhancing Greater Business Sophistication.
The joint initiative is being implemented in close cooperation with the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture and the Diaspora Relations Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as stakeholders within and connected to the private sector or to private sector development. The project also aligns with other entities and agencies working on private sector development.
what we do
- Supporting a wide range of entities in developing specific clusters for the benefit of enhancing geographically constrained value chains for improving cluster coordination, marketing, innovation, public private dialogue and more.
- Investing in companies that are deemed necessary to facilitate improvements in the cluster.
- Enhancing a sustained effort to consolidate evidence-base, clustering-related policy and implementation capacities and connecting local businesses to diaspora communities, for the purpose of knowledge and technology transfer and financing.
- Strengthened capacities of policy-makers and other stakeholders to identify and develop clusters (UNIDO).
- Development and functioning of the clustering approach in the packaging (UNDP) and seeds/seedlings sectors (FAO).
- Development and support of strategic investments in companies deemed necessary to improve the cluster (UNDP).
- Mainstreaming migration in SME development (IOM).
UNDP Economic Development Team Leader
MPTF-European Union Innovative Action for Private Sector Competitiveness JP in Georgia (EU IPSC)
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS